- Getting Started
- Scheduling absence (TimeMoto Cloud Plus)
- Granting users access to TimeMoto Cloud and / or the TimeMoto mobile app
- How can I connect my TA-8000 series device to the TimeMoto Cloud?
- User privileges (TimeMoto Cloud)
- User locations and device locations (TimeMoto Cloud)
- Planning options (TimeMoto Cloud Plus)
- Work schedules (TimeMoto Cloud)
- Report types (TimeMoto Cloud)
- Managing Bank Holidays (TimeMoto Cloud Plus)
- Add location (TimeMoto Cloud)
Advanced Usage Scenarios
- Importing users from TA / TimeMoto PC software into TimeMoto Cloud
- Synchronizing project codes from the TimeMoto Cloud to your time clock system
- Validation types (TimeMoto Cloud)
- Recurrence Rule in Planning (TimeMoto Cloud Plus)
- Pay classes (TimeMoto Cloud)
- Grant access to the Timer function in TimeMoto Cloud
- Additional Information / Troubleshooting
Validation types (TimeMoto Cloud)
What does the validation do?
The validation helps you assess whether user clocking actions are valid or not.
The use of the validation is optional.
Once the validation is enabled, exclamation marks will pop up next to invalid clocking actions.
After the clocking actions are corrected, the exclamation mark will disappear.
How to set the Validation
How to set the Validation
There are two possible options to set the Validation:
1 – Day Independent (“day agnostic”): with this setting, each clocking action is validated against the previous and the subsequent clocking actions, independent whether the clocking actions occurred on the same day. A clocking action is invalid if it does not follow the correct clocking sequence.
2 – Day Dependent (“day aware”) : the Validation will only check clocking actions occurring within the limits of the same day (12:00 AM till 11:59PM [US] // 00:00 till 23:59 [EU]). A clocking action is considered invalid if it does not occur within the same day.
The Validation can be set for the whole company. In your account, under [Settings] (1) > [General] (2) > [Validation] (3). You can select the Validation in the drop-down menu (4).
Validation per work schedule
If you have defined a work schedule, you can also set a Validation exclusively for clocking actions of users who have been assigned to that particular work schedule. The settings of the Validation in a work schedule ([Settings] (1) > [Schedules] (2) > edit or create work schedule) overrides the ones defined under the general settings. You can select a validator type under [Work Time] (3) in the drop-down menu (4).
Changing the validation settings will only affect the clocking action performed after the change. If you need to change the validation status of actions performed before the change, please contact us
Was this article helpful?