- Getting Started
- The Basics
- Advanced Usage Scenarios
Additional Information / Troubleshooting
- Cannot Connect to Wi-Fi (TimeMoto Time Clock Systems)
- Device does not connect to the Cloud (TimeMoto Time Clock Systems)
- "Authentication failure" displayed on device (TimeMoto Time Clock Systems)
- Issues during the first-time use setup / registration procedure (TimeMoto Time Clock Systems)
- The device is slow in recognizing fingerprints / does not recognize fingerprints (TimeMoto Time Clock Systems)
- What happens with the fingerprints stored on the device? (TimeMoto Time Clock Systems)
- Which types of badges and cards are compatible with TimeMoto devices?
- Can I use TimeMoto with my ID06 card? (TimeMoto Time Clock Systems)
- Firmware Updates
Managing users on a TimeMoto device
Once you have created and synchronised users from the TimeMoto PC / PC Plus Software or TimeMoto Cloud to your TimeMoto device, you can manage certain details of these users on the device.
Important: user creation is only possible in the TimeMoto PC / PC Plus Software and TimeMoto Cloud. You cannot create users directly on a TimeMoto device. Also, we advise to manage information like user name and privileges in the TimeMoto PC / PC Plus Software or TimeMoto Cloud, and not directly on the device.
To enter the User Management menu on a TimeMoto device, proceed as following:
- Open the [Menu] on the TimeMoto device
- Select [User Management] and press [OK]
A list appears with all users on the device. Use the arrow buttons to select the user you want to edit, and press [OK].
You can now select to either edit or delete the user. Be aware that if you delete the user on the device, that this will remove all related user information from the device. The user will still remain in the TimeMoto PC / PC Plus Software or Cloud.
If you select to edit a user, you will see the information you can edit. Use the arrow buttons to highlight an option, and then press [OK] to select the option.
- User ID: the ID of the user. You cannot modify this value.
- Name: The name of the user on the device. You can edit this on the device, but we advise doing this in the TimeMoto PC / PC Plus Software or TimeMoto Cloud.
- User Role: here you can see if the user is a normal user or Super Admin. Normal users are regular users in the TimeMoto PC / PC Plus Software and TimeMoto Cloud. Super Admins are Supervisors in the TimeMoto PC / PC Plus Software, and Supervisors or Managers in the TimeMoto Cloud.
- Verification Mode: here you can set which verification or clocking methods the user can use to verify themselves on the device. This way, you can limit a user to just one clocking method, or allow them to use any clocking method available on the device. By default, every user can use every available clocking method on the TimeMoto device.
- Fingerprint (TM-626, TM-828, and TM-828 SC only): select this option to register fingerprints for the user, or to see which fingerprints have already been registered. If you want to learn more about registering fingerprints, please see this article.
- Face (TM-838 only): select this option to register a face for the user. If you want to learn more about registering faces, please see this article.
- Badge number: here you can see the number of the RFID badge / key fob registered for the selected user. Select this option if you want to register a new or different RFID badge / key fob. If you want to learn more about registering RFID badges / key fobs, please see this article.
- Password: select this option to change the user’s password.
Was this article helpful?