Safescan TA-8000 series Time Clock Systems
- MY TA DEVICE DOES NOT APPEAR AS "CONNECTED" IN THE SOFTWARE (Safescan TA-8000)
- Changing the language (Safescan TA-8000)
- Create a user (Safescan TA-8000)
- CONNECTING YOUR TA TERMINAL WITH WI-FI (Safescan TA-8000)
- USING THE FINGERPRINT AND RFID-READER (Safescan TA-8000)
- LOCATING THE SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR TERMINAL (Safescan TA-8000)
- REGISTERING FINGERPRINTS AND A BADGE FOR THE SAME USER (Safescan-TA-8000)
- COMPATIBLE USB STICKS FOR YOUR TA TERMINAL (Safescan TA-8000)
- INCREASING FINGERPRINT RECOGNITION SPEED (Safescan TA-8000)
- DO SAFESCAN TERMINALS USE A MIFARE READER? (Safescan TA-8000)
Safescan TA / TA+ PC Software
- Installing the Safescan TA software
- Activating the Safescan TA software
- Upgrading from a trial to a licensed version (Safescan TA Software)
- Changing the language of the Safescan TA software
- License key error (Safescan TA Software)
- Changing the password in the Safescan TA software
- My TA is visible on the network but not in the TA-software.
- Setting-up a workschedule (Safescan TA Software)
- Preventing double clocking data (Safescan TA Software)
- Rounding clocking hours (Safescan TA Software)
- Safescan Time Attendance - End of Life
- Updating TA-8000 series devices
- Firmware update 7.03.100-TA8000-14
Updating TA-8000 series devices
Important: this article is only covers the update for TA-8000 series time attendance devices. This series includes the following models: TA-8010, TA-8015, TA-8020, TA-8025, TA-8030, TA-8035. This update is not for the TM-600 series (TM-616, TM-626) or TM-800 series (TM-818, TM-828, TM-838, TM-818 SC and TM-828 SC). If you want to update any of those devices, please refer to the following Support Center articles:
In this article, we describe how to update to the latest firmware if necessary.
To upgrade your device you need to install a new firmware file on the device. Please click here to download the update file and save it on your computer.
After downloading the file, unzip the file.
- Once you have extracted the files, you will see two folders and installation instructions. Open the folder "Update 1 - Latest firmware Update - 14". Inside the folder, there is a file called emfw.cfg.
- Plug a USB drive into your computer. Copy the file emfw.cfg from the unpacked folder on to the USB drive.
- Copying the file to the USB drive should take only a few seconds. Click on the USB drive in your window to guarantee that the file has been copied into the root of the USB drive.
- Next, plug in the USB drive into the USB port on the side of your TA-8000 series time attendance device. Open the [Menu] of the system, and select [System]. Press [OK] to open the system settings.
- In [System], navigate to [USB Upgrade] and press [OK].
- The device will now apply the USB update.
- After the update has been successfully applied, the system has to be rebooted. Press [OK] to reboot the device.
- After the reboot, the system has been updated. This concludes the first part of the update.
- Remove the USB drive from the device and insert it into your computer.
- Remove the emfw.cfg file from the USB drive.
- Open the extracted folder, and open the folder "Update 2 - security update".
- From that folder, copy the emfw.cfg file to the USB drive.
- Repeat steps 4-7 described above to finalize the update. The device will restart once more, and you will have successfully installed the update!
Checking your current firmware version
To check your firmware version, open the Menu of your time clock system and select [System Info] > [Firmware Info]. At the top you will find the firmware version.
If the firmware version is changed to Ver 7.03.100-TA8000-14, you have succesfully updated your firmware.
Cet article a-t-il répondu à vos attentes?